Spring Safety Tips
Spring is finally here! Now that the days are longer and the weather is warmer, we will be spending a lot more time outside. Though it may not be the first thing on your mind, it is just as important to take precautions against the elements in the springtime as it is during the winter and summer months. Follow these safety tip to stay safe and healthy!
- Apply sunscreen:
- Don’t make the mistake of thinking that sunscreen is only necessary in the summer! You can get a sunburn even on cool, overcast days. Apply sunscreen every time you leave the house and reapply every two hours to protect your skin from those harmful UV waves.
- Apply bug spray:
- Don’t let mosquitos and gnats ruin your day! Apply bug spray to your exposed skin and clothing to keep those pesky critters away – especially when you plan to be outside during the evening hours. When applying to your face, spray your hands first and then carefully rub a sparing amount on your skin.
- Always keep water handy:
- No matter what you’re doing, it is extremely important to stay hydrated. Make sure that your children and pets are getting enough to drink as well!
- Stay alert for wildlife:
- Whether you’re hiking out in the woods or biking around your neighborhood, there’s a chance that you may run into local wildlife. Stay alert and keep a safe distance. This is their planet too!
- Carry a first aid kit:
- No matter how careful you are, accidents can happen. Bring along a first aid kit on all of your outdoor adventures. This kit should include Band-Aids, gauze, a flashlight, a blanket, cold packs, alcohol wipes, and tweezers.
Spring is a season of rebirth, rejuvenation and, of course, recreation! No matter what your plans are this season, make sure to put safety first.
Little Dog Social Media is a team of social media marketers and website designers located in Cumberland, Maryland. We specialize in content creation and online reputation management for independently owned businesses across multiple industries. For additional information about the services we provide, please visit littledogsocialmedia.com