Summer Sun Safety
Hiking, biking, and swimming are just a few of the many popular outdoor activities enjoyed in the summertime. However, the months of June, July, and August are the hottest months out of the whole year and the most dangerous time for prolonged exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light. Follow these tips to stay safe and healthy during your time in the sun!
- Wear sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 every time you go outside.
- Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours and after swimming, sweating, or toweling off.
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses to protect your face and eyes. Avoid hats with holes that let sunlight through.
- Take breaks in the shade under an umbrella, tree, or other form of shelter as much as possible.
- Always keep cold water nearby to avoid dehydration.
No matter what summer activity is your favorite, it is a great time to get outside and enjoy physical activity. Just don’t forget to take care of yourself while out in the sun!
Little Dog Social Media is a team of social media marketers and website designers located in Cumberland, Maryland. We specialize in content creation and online reputation management for independently owned businesses across multiple industries. For additional information about the services we provide, please visit littledogsocialmedia.com